Patras Science Park “Proof of Concept” Program aims to empower researchers to push forward their ideas and turn them into a product. The objective is to bring innovations to the commercialization stage through:
- Licensing procedures for a new or existing company, or
- Financing a start-up company by venture capital, taking into consideration the nature of the idea, the potential of the market and the plan of the inventors. Innovations that will mature will be channeled to investors but also to social and environmental stakeholders, including social entrepreneurs, volunteers and non-profit organizations.
The program also seeks:
- the viability of the idea at a technical and commercial level
- the licensing/exploitation of intellectual property rights and their management
- the ability to provide information on commercialization (e.g. budgeting) and the negotiation of the idea (e.g. contracting)
- the development of a business plan in order to create a new product or new business.
The “Proof of Concept” program is open to researchers and research companies based in Greece.
The proposal is submitted only in the English language.