After a creative 2-day evaluation of the Advisory Board at Patras Science Park, the 1st round of the Proof of Concept program was successfully completed with the announcement of the award proposals. 33 proposals were submitted from all over Greece and 70 evaluators contributed to their evaluation from the research institutes and the productive sector of the country and abroad!
All the proposals were remarkable, with high potential, from which three were selected for funding.
The results were announced at a special event which took place at the Patras Science Park with the presence of Mr. Nikos Balabanis- Deputy Regional Governor for Energy and Environment, Mr. Petros Mantas – SEVIPA President, representatives of the Chamber of Achaia, Prof. Giorgos Salahas – Vice-President of Technological Educational Institute of Western Greece, Mr. Bourganos – Director of ICE-HT, as well as many representatives of the productive sector.
The final evaluation of the Advisory Board, consist of specialized executives from European Union and Israel, highlighted the following 3 funded proposals:
- MaGOS-Rehab: Grigoris Agriopoulos, QUANTA & QUALIA IKE / Private Company, Agrinio
- Incident Response Beekeeping Safety system: Sotirios Kontogiannis, Department of Mathematic / University of Ioannina, Ioannina
- Digital colorimetric DNA analysis in real-time: Giorgos Papadakis – Electra Gizelis Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology / Foundation for Research and Technology, Crete
Awarded proposals will be funded up to € 50,000 while financially supported is private funding and administratively is the Patras Science Park.
All groups that submitted to the PoC program:
- get publicity through the program’s website and related publications
- will have access to the services offered by the PSP to optimize their idea.